An impressive line-up of 18 Pinot Noirs from around the globe was featured, with an outstanding selection from Australia, South Africa and New Zealand in the Southern Hemisphere and the 2008 Vintage showcased for the Northern Hemisphere; France and the United States. A festive lunch followed, prepared by Saul Atkinson and matched carefully to a selection of current and back vintage Howard Park Wines, while the sounds of Jazz band ‘Doxy’ played live.
"'Focus', 'Clarity' and 'Consistency' spring to mind with Howard Park. I like the energy that is brought to the table, and the passion is evident from the vineyard to the glass. The end result for me is an understated elegance and restraint that are site specific and truly world class."
- Matthew Dunne, Head Sommelier, Aria Restaurant Sydney and Brisbane ,'Louis Roederer Sommelier of the Year' 2011, Aria restaurant has been inducted into the Hall of Fame as part of The Australian Wine List of the Year Awards 2008 which it has maintained in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
"We often say that dogs look like their owners; I believe that wines look like their winemakers owners. It’s not exception to the rule here; true and generous wines of complexity, and sincerity, and speaking by themselves. There are no great wines without great people."
- Michael Engelmenn, Australia's only Master Sommelier, Head Sommelier at the world-famous Restaurant Rockpool Bar & Grill in Sydney.
"My second visit to Margaret River has been outstanding. Thankyou. The balance of generosity organisation and friendliness makes me feel like there’s a family down here. Howard Park and its prospects feel like the centre of the universe from where I’m sitting right now. Outstanding wines. Outstanding people"
- Daniel Wegener, Head Sommelier Quay Restaurant Sydney.
"A sincerity and true generosity has imbued every moment of my inaugural visit to this very special corner of the country. We have been treated to a minutely detailed few days and I have come away with an understanding and an appreciation for not only the wines but the people behind them. Breathtaking. Thankyou."
- Banjo Harris Plane, manager and Sommelier of Melbourne's iconic restaurant, Attica.
"Your capacity for hospitality is immense; the level of organisation that has gone into the weekend is not to be understated. Thanks to all behind the scenes. I am very proud to represent your wines in the market – Passion is catching and the common theme is of quality. Your generosity with your cellar is amazing. Looking forward to next year!"
- Nick Butler, Cognito Wines, Sydney.
"Thanks for a great weekend guys. Howard Park has always been one of my favourites and now I have focused on it I can see why. Your generosity will always be remembered. I will see you soon and we will drink. Xx"
- David ‘Not the horse trainer’ Hayes, Sommelier Lamaro’s Victoria.
"An excellent weekend all good except for Jeff’s vinous generosity…and its aftermath."
- Peter Bourne, widely known as "The Wine Man" - his name synonymous with fine wine and fun times. Peter is one of Australia’s foremost wine educators, a long time wine retailer, industry consultant, hospitality trainer and regular wine writer.
"Sharing a weekend experience such as this is a memorable life journey. Sharing Howard Park Wines 25th anniversary is incredible. To all the Howard Park team Well done. Thank you, an amazing weekend."
- Michael Tamburri, La Vigna Wine Merchants, Western Australia.