2018 Howard Park Abercrombie Cabernet Sauvignon 6L Imperial


Wine Club members save up to 20% - Log In or Join Now

The 31st release of our flagship wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon selected from both the Leston vineyard in Margaret River and the Abercrombie vineyard in Mount Barker, and reflects a desire to offer a complete expression of variety, provenance and vintage from our best sites in these two phenomenal winegrowing regions.

Celebrate this outstanding wine in this rare 6L imperial format, complete with high quality timber box.


Margaret River
Mount Barker





The 2018 Abercrombie reflects the highs that can be achieved in a superb vintage when thoughtful and deliberate winemaking combine with exceptional vineyards. Margaret River returns to dominance in the blend with 78% of the wine sourced from block 29 of the Leston vineyard, with the remaining 22% from the 1975 plantings in the Abercrombie vineyard in Mount Barker.

The colour is a vivid, deep ruby, tingeing purple and betraying the wine’s youth. The bouquet evolves in a measured fashion as the wine slowly aerates, filling the glass with textbook Cabernet perfume of powerful dark fruits, rubbed bay leaf, cedar, coffee beans and vanilla. Intensity and purity of fruit is the standout feature, and this transmits seamlessly to the palate, where the profound structure and effortless length also take centre stage. The harmony of rich fruit, clean and vibrant acidity and fine, abiding tannins speak to the beguiling nature of this young wine and the glorious future that awaits its patient custodians in ensuing decades. This is true West Australian Cabernet.

Food Match

Pair alongside osso bucco topped with gremolata.

Recommended Cellaring

Drink now or cellar confidently for 20 years or more.

Variety Details

Cabernet Sauvignon

Bottle Size

6L Imperial